Slavica Ražić, PhD
Organizational unit: Department of Analytical Chemistry
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-208
Fax: +381 11 3972-349
Slavica Ražić graduated from the University of Belgrade, Faculty of Pharmacy, from which she obtained the MS degree. For PhD accomplished at the Faculty of Chemistry - Department of analytical chemistry (2000). Since 2012. Slavica Ražić is a full professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry of the Faculty of Pharmacy - University of Belgrade. She served as the Head of the Institute of Analytical Chemistry (2003-2007). In 2014 she accomplished the Specialist Academic Studies at the Faculty of Pharmacy on Toxicological risk assessment for environmental pollutants. She supervised a great number of students' works on undergraduate and postgraduate levels (MS and PhD Theses) and acted as a member of committees for defending PhD theses and electing committees in Serbia, Spain, Greece, Austria and Macedonia.
Slavica's main research interests lie in the analytics of environmental and biological samples, in method development and the monitoring of trace and minor elements using atomic absorption and emission spectrometry (F-AAS, F-AES, GF-AAS, ICP-AES and ICP-MS) combined with contemporary sample preparation techniques and chemometric methods of analysis. Established objectives are: elucidation of the bioavailability, mobility, distribution and accumulation of elemental species in different environmental compartment with their impact on human health protection. In addition, the next area includes GC-MS (BVOCs analysis), HPTLC and HPLC analysis of biological active organic compounds in plants important in phytopharmacy and forensic science. Another extension is going to (i) direction of the risk and toxicity assessment and of various compounds, related to environment and human health impact and (ii) analytical aspects of green chemistry and its role/applications in pharmaceutical sciences. The list of more than 180 scientific bibliographic units is available at ....
Since 2002, she has chaired the Division of the Analytical Chemistry of the Serbian Chemical Society (SCS), acting also as a representative of SCS in the Division of Analytical Chemistry of the European Chemical Society (DAC-EuChemS). She started her term as Chairperson of the DAC-EuChemS for the period 2017-2019. Slavica is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society and responsible Editor for Analytical Chemistry. Additional editorial activities are reported for about 25 international and several domestic journals. In a period 2012-2016 she served as the Vice-president of the Serbian Chemical Society (SCS) and from 2013 Slavica is acting as official representative of the SCS in the IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry), being also a member of its Analytical Chemistry Division from 2016 to 2017.
Academic awards and distinctions: The Honorary member the Serbian Chemical Society for exceptional contribution (2017), The Merit Member of the Serbian Chemical Society for activities and contribution (2008), Annual award of the Chamber of Commerce of Belgrade for the best Doctorial dissertation in 2001 (2001).
Slavica acted as member of scientific and organizing committees of numerous international and domestic conferences among which was Euroanalysis XVI in Belgrade, 2011.
- N. Filipović, M. Stevanović, Lj. Veselinović, S. Ražić, S. Jeremić, M. Filipič, B. Žegura, S. Tomić, M. Čolić. Poly (ε-caprolactone) microspheres for prolonged release of selenium nanoparticles intended for treatment of implant complications. Materials. Science & Engineering C, 96 (2019), 776-789.
A. Cvetanović, G. Zengin, Z. Zeković, J.Švarc-Gajić, S. Ražić, A.Damjanović, P. Mašković, M. Mitić. Comparative in vitro studies of the biological potential and chemical composition of stems, leaves and berries Aronia melanocarpa's extracts obtained by subcritical water extraction. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 121 (2018) 458-466.
- A. Cvetanović, J. Svarc-Gajić, Z. Zeković, S. Razić, A. Damjanović, G. Zengin, C. Delerue-Matos, M. Moraira. A new source for developing multi-functional products: Biological and chemical perspectives on subcritical water extracts of Sambucus ebulus L. J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 93 (2018) 1097–1104.
- M. Krstić, S. Ražić. Analytical approaches to the characterization of solid drugs delivery systems with porous adsorbent carriers. Curr. Med. Chem., 25(33) (2018) 3956 - 3972.
- J. Arsenijević, M. Drobac, I. Šoštarić, S. Ražić, M. Milenković, M. Couladise, Z. Maksimović. Bioactivity of herbal tea of Hungarian thyme based on thecomposition of volatiles and polyphenolics. Ind. Crops. Prod., 89 (2016)
- S. Agatonovic-Kustrin, Ch. G. Hettiarachchi, D. W. Morton, S. Razic. Analysis of phenolics in wine by high performance thin-layer chromatography with gradient elution and high resolution plate imaging. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 102 (2015) 93-99.
- S. Agatonovic-Kustrin, D.W. Morton, S. Razic. In Silico Modelling of Pesticide Aquatic Toxicity. Comb. Chem. High Throughput Screen., 17(9) (2014) 808-818.
- Ch. M. Loescher, D. W. Morton, S. Razic, S. Agatonovic-Kustrin. High performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of Calendula ofﬁcinalis - Advantages and limitations. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 98 (2014) 52–59.
- N. Radosavljevic-Stevanovic, J.Markovic, S.Agatonovic-Kustrin, S.Razic. Metals and organic compounds in the biosynthesis of cannabinoids. A chemometrics approach to the analysis of Cannabis sativa samples. Nat. Prod. Res., 28(8) (2014) 511–516.
- J. Arsenijević, J. Marković, I. Šoštarić, S. Ražić. A chemometrics as a powerful tool in the elucidation of the role of metals in the biosynthesis of volatile organic compounds in Hungarian thyme samples. Plant Physiol. Biochem., 71 (2014) 298-306