Branislava Miljković, PhD
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-382
Fax: +381 11 3972840
PhD Branislava Miljković graduated in 1985 at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade with an average score of 9.66. She was awarded a Master of Science title (MSc) in April 1989 and defended her PhD dissertation in November 1994. She finished her postgraduate studies in Clinical Pharmacy at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
From October 1985 she has been engaged at the Chair of Pharmacokinetics first as an associate, assistant (1989, re-election in 1993), assistant professor (1996), associate professor (2002) and from 2007 as a professor. She completed her study training at the Center for Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leiden, The Netherlands, and at the Institute of Pharmacy, University of Bonn, Germany thanks to DAAD Scholarship. She is the head of the PhD studies - Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy, medical specialization - Clinical Pharmacy and academic specialization - Pharmaceutical Care at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade. She was a member of committee for PhD defence in the field of Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Bonn and a co-mentor of three MSc theses in the field of Clinical Pharmacy at the Robert Gordon University in the UK.
She is a member of the Scientific Committee of the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists, Ethics Committee of the Republic of Serbia, Court of Honour Level II of the Pharmaceutical Chamber of Serbia, Professional Committee of Pharmaceutical Association of Serbia, Expert Committee of the Pharmaceutical Chamber of Serbia, Editorial Board of Pharmacotherapy guide; an expert of the Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Serbia, member of the Committee for releasing drugs for human use on market (2005 - 2015) on the same Agency, and of the Committee for releasing drugs for human use on market of Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Montenegro. From October 2004 to December 2006 she was Vice-dean for Education.
Research interest: pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacy, clinical pharmacokinetics of antiepileptic drugs and antidepressants, drug interactions and adverse drug effects. She published more than 150 papers and abstracts.
Awards: Acknowledgement of Pharmaceutical Chamber of Serbia for loyalty to pharmaceutical profession (2007); Annual Award of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Development, Republic of Serbia for young PhD scientists (2002); Annual award of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (1996); “ICN Galenika” Awards for PhD dissertation (1995) and MSc’s thesis in the field of medicine “ICN Galenika” (1991).
- Vezmar Kovačević S, Miljković B, Vučićević K, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović M, de Gier JJ. Elderly polypharmacy patients’needs and concerns regarding medication assessed using the Structured Patient-Pharmacist Consultation Model. Pat Educ Couns. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2017.05.001 [In press]
- Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović M, Vučićević K, de Gier JJ. Evaluation of drug-related problems in older polypharmacy primary care patients. J Eval Clin Pract. 2017. doi: 10.1111/jep.12737. [Epub ahead of print]
- Radojčić MR, El Marroun H, Miljković B, Stricker BHC, Jaddoe VWV, Verhulst FC, White T, Tiemeier H.Prenatal exposure to anxiolytic and hypnotic medication in relation to behavioral problems in childhood: A population-based cohort study. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2017 May;61:58-65. doi: 10.1016/j.ntt.2017.02.005. Epub 2017 Mar 1.
- Bajraktarevic A, Mehmedagic A, Vucicevic K, Kulic M, Miljkovic B. The Posology and Trough Concentrations of Digoxin in Adult and Elderly Patients. Acta Pol Pharm. 2016;73(5):1361-8.
- Golubovic B, Prostran M, Miljkovic B, Vucicevic K, Radivojevic D, Grabnar I. Population Pharmacokinetic Approach of Immunosuppressive Therapy in Kidney Transplant Patients. Curr Med Chem. 2016;23(19):1998-2011.
- Ilić V, Bogićević D, Miljković B, Ješić M, Kovačević M, Prostran M, Vezmar Kovačević S. Duration of valproic acid monotherapy correlates with subclinical thyroid dysfunction in children with epilepsy. Epileptic Disord 2016;18(2):181-6.
- Vučićević K, Jovanović M, Golubović B, Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Martinović Z, Prostran M. Nonlinear mixed effects modelling approach in investigating phenobarbital pharmacokinetic interactions in epileptic patients. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2015;71(2):183-90.
- Jovanović M, Sokić D, Grabnar I, Vovk T, Prostran M, Erić S, Kuzmanovski I, Vučićević K, Miljković B. Application of Counter-propagation Artificial Neural Networks in Prediction of Topiramate Concentration in Patients with Epilepsy. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2015;18(5):856-62.
- Jančić-Stojanović B, Vemić S, Elezović V, Petrović A, Sinadinović Z, Ivanović D, Damjanović S, Miljković B. Development of New Liquid Chromatographic Method for Mitotane and Its Metabolites Determination in Human Plasma Employing Design of Experiments Methodology. J Liq Chromatogr R T, 2015;38(14):1371-8.
- Vezmar Kovačević S, Simišić M, Stojkov Rudinski S, Ćulafić M, Vučićević K, Prostran M, Miljković B. Potentially inappropriate prescribing in older primary care patients. PLoS One 2014;9(4):e95536.