Slavica Oljačić, PhD
Position: Assistant professor
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmaceutical chemistry
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Beograd, Srbija
Phone: +381 11 3951-335
Fax: +381 11 3974-349
Slavica Filipić graduated from the University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy in 2005 with an average grade of 9.45/10.00. During her masters study she was awarded with the scholarships of the Municipality of Krupanj, and Ministry of Education of Republic of Serbia. In March 2013, she defended her PhD thesis, entitled: ”Quantitative structure activity/retention relationships of imidazoline and alpha2 adrenergic receptors ligands” mentored by Professor Danica Agbaba, and Assistant Professor Katarina Nikolić, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy. Since 2014, she has been enrolled in specialist studies for the Drug Testing and Control program.
Since 2005, Slavica Filipić has been employed at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, as a Teaching Associate (2005-2007), Teaching Assistant (2007-2013) and Assistant Professor (February 2014-to date) at the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Her teaching activities are involved in the Integrated Academic Studies (Master of Pharmacy) for Pharmaceutical Chemistry II and Pharmaceutical Chemistry III (mandatory courses).
From 2006 to 2010, she was engaged in a Fundamental Research Project in the field of chemistry: “Synthesis, Quantitative Structure/Properties and Activity Relationship studies, Physico-Chemical Characterization and Analysis of Pharmacologically Active Substances” (Project No. 142071), funded by Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia. Since 2011, Slavica Filipić has been a participant in Fundamental Research Project in the field of chemistry: “Synthesis, Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship studies, Physico-Chemical Characterization and Analysis of Pharmacologically Active Substances“, also funded by Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia. She was engaged in international projects, including two bilateral projects between the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Serbia and the National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia (2005-2007, 2008-2009) and two COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) projects, CM0603 (2008-2011) and CM1103 (2011-2015).
Her main scientific research areas include: Quantitative Structure-Activity/Retention/Property Relationships studies (QSAR, QSRR, QSPR studies), molecular modeling, application of computational methods in rational drug design, application of chemometric methods for analytical methods development (HPLC, TLC, CE), and physico-chemical characterization of pharmacologically active substances.
Slavica Filipić has authored or coauthored more than 35 scientific papers and communications papers. For the purpose of professional development, she attended the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Zaragoza, Spain and the Laboratory for Food Chemistry, National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
In 2013 she was awarded for the best scientific work at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade for 2012/2013 academic year
She is a member of the Pharmaceutical Association of Serbia.
- Nikolic K., Filipic S., Agbaba D., Stark H. Procognitive Properties of Drugs with Single and Multitargeting H3 Receptor Antagonist Activities. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 2014, 20, 613-623.
- Filipic B., Nikolic K., Filipic S., Jovcic B., Agbaba D., Antic Stankovic J., Kojic M., Golic N. Identifying the CmbT substrates specificity by using a quantitative structure–activity relationship (QSAR) study. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 2014, 45, 764-771.
- Shenger M.S.M, Filipic S., Nikolic K., Agbaba D. Estimation of Lipophilicity and Retention Behavior of Some Alpha Adrenergic and Imidazoline Receptor Ligands Using RP-TLC. Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies 2014, 37, 2829-2845.
- Filipic S., Nikolic K., Vovk I., Krizman M., Agbaba D. Quantitative structure-mobility relationship analysis of imidazoline receptor ligands in CDs-mediated CE. Electrophoresis 2013, 34, 471-482.
- Nikolic K., Filipic S., Smoliński A., Kaliszan R., Agbaba D. Partial least square and hierarchical clustering in ADMET modeling: Prediction of blood – brain barrier permeation of α-Adrenergic and imidazoline receptor ligands. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2013, 16, 622-647.
- Djekic Lj., Primorac M., Filipic S., Agbaba D. Investigation of surfactant/cosurfactant synergism impact on ibuprofen solubilization capacity and drug release characteristics of nonionic microemulsions. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 2012, 433, 25-33.
- Nikolic K., Filipic S., Agbaba D. Multi-target QSAR and docking study of steroids binding to corticosteroid-binding globulin and sex hormone-binding globulin. Current Computer-Aided Drug Design 2012, 8, 296-308.
- Ranković K., Filipić S., Nikolić K., Agbaba D. TLC determination of tiapride hydrochloride and its impurities in pharmaceuticals. Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies 2012, 35, 1336-1345.
- Antic D., Filipic S., Ivkovic B., Nikolic K., Agbaba D. Direct separation of clopidogrel enantiomers by reverse-phase planar chromatography method using β-cyclodextrin as a chiral mobile phase additive. Acta Chromatographica 2011, 23, 235–245
- Nikolic K., Filipic S., Agbaba D. QSAR study of imidazoline antihypertensive drugs. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 2008, 16, 7134–7140.